Monday 16 June 2014

A bit dotty...

So, as promised I managed to grab a few snaps of last nights outfit before I went out. Choosing what to wear was tough as I wasn't sure how dressed up people were going to be - you know the dilemma, under dressed or over dressed? So I went for this Anthropologie dress that I've not worn yet. I absolutely love it but it's very short and I'm not the most dignified of people at the best of times! However I think I just about managed to end the night with dignity intact.


I love the fact that the dress is a drop waist, I think they're so flattering on, especially when going out for a meal.  And of course I teemed it with my current favourite Topshop boots. I seem to wear them with everything. I like that they add a bit of a quirk, I believe there is definitely a place for court shoes etc but my personal taste is to pair feminine pieces with chunkier accessories. I think it's because I'm not really a girlie kind of girl. 


I can't resist posing like an idiot for pictures - when you're not particularly photogenic it's often easier to pull faces as above. But looking back at these I do genuinely like the outfit and that's what counts right?

Jewellery wise I went with my current staple chains... 



I really need to invest in some more accessories. However I've discovered WonderLuk (if you haven't checked them out you definitely should) and the piece I'm absolutely desperate for is this beauty.


I'm definitely investing come payday. They have so many amazing rings and bracelets too. It's hard to pick a favourite but the Bond Necklace is so amazing I think I might have actually fallen in love with it!

So, despite my reservations about the night I actually had an amazing time. I'm a firm believer that your outfit makes all the difference to your confidence. I was asked to come up with a quote about fashion for one of my friends projects and in that I said I believed it was all about projecting an external image. (I'll post the quote at a later date). But my point is that by creating an external look you feel projects confidence you become that little bit more confident and self assured. There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying yourself a compliment every now and again. It isn't self indulgent, it's healthy. Try it out for a week... Every day write down one positive thing either about yourself or that you did. You'll be amazed how it alters your state of mind. A bit of mindfulness goes a long, long way. 

Anyway, lovelies, I shall leave you with a few more pictures from last night and shall be posting today's #ootd post later on tonight.  


X



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx