Monday, 30 June 2014

Two outfits, one dress and musings on blogging

Happy Monday lovelies!

This morning I've been playing around with a dress I bought at the beginning of this year in my favourite cut - the smock. I love smock dresses, especially on days I'm feeling less body confident as they're cut in a way that doesn't cling to any problem areas at all. The one I've worn today is originally from Topshop but I bought it around February time so I doubt it's still in stock, they do some fab summery smock dresses though, they're perfect to throw on if you want to look stylish but don't have time to plan a more put together outfit. I love them for throwing on over a bikini on holiday for nipping to the shop too!

I was sitting this morning thinking about how I wished I had a tartan skirt to wear with my lacy crop top and my eyes fixed on the smock dress - impossible, I thought. Apparently not. By getting a little bit creative with a belt and some folding I managed to turn the dress into a skirt, albeit one with a bit of a paperbag waist! I quite liked the look, but I'm not sure it would be completely practical for running around as there is a lot of material spare.

Top, Dress (worn as skirt) and shoes: all Topshop, Hat: Urban Outfitters, Stretch Bangles: Local Market, Feather Earrings: Dorothy Perkins, Watch and silver bangles: DKNY





What do you think? It's definitely made me want to invest in a high waisted tartan skirt, but I'm not sure about the shorter length of the skirt, I think I'd go with a midi skirt as I'm currently having a bit of a love affair with them.

Whilst taking these pictures it occurred to me that I should show the dress as it is without being tucked and pinned, and to be honest I think I prefer it that way. I'm still not totally confident with the whole midriff on show look. 




What do you beauties think? Like I say, I think I prefer the second look, however I feel like I have much more confidence since starting this blog to play around with my style and my clothes to create different takes on things I might have seen. 

Blogging for me might still be a relatively new thing, but I really am loving it. I'm finding myself much more aware of my identity and I think much more about what works together rather than just throwing on whatever I can collect from my floordrobe! I'm sure it takes time to build an audience, but I'm really pleased with how much interaction I've been having with you all, and I love that the comments are mainly positive and that you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it! 

Em x






5 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I love this outfit! It's amazing
    I follow you via GFC ¿Followback, please?
    Kisses and i hope your answer!
    cxystals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manuel, it's such a comfortable dress, I'm glad you liked the post :) x

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Your blog is so perf, OMG! Would you mind checking out my blog and maybe following via GFC and bloglovin? You would help so much!
    Thanks,
    Azia from sarcastic hipster
    Blog ♡ http://sarcastichipster.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin ♡ http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/12346821

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress both ways!

    Check out my style too!

    xo
    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I'm glad you enjoyed reading. I'll definitely check out your blog as well :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx