Monday 30 June 2014

Two outfits, one dress and musings on blogging

Happy Monday lovelies!

This morning I've been playing around with a dress I bought at the beginning of this year in my favourite cut - the smock. I love smock dresses, especially on days I'm feeling less body confident as they're cut in a way that doesn't cling to any problem areas at all. The one I've worn today is originally from Topshop but I bought it around February time so I doubt it's still in stock, they do some fab summery smock dresses though, they're perfect to throw on if you want to look stylish but don't have time to plan a more put together outfit. I love them for throwing on over a bikini on holiday for nipping to the shop too!

I was sitting this morning thinking about how I wished I had a tartan skirt to wear with my lacy crop top and my eyes fixed on the smock dress - impossible, I thought. Apparently not. By getting a little bit creative with a belt and some folding I managed to turn the dress into a skirt, albeit one with a bit of a paperbag waist! I quite liked the look, but I'm not sure it would be completely practical for running around as there is a lot of material spare.

Top, Dress (worn as skirt) and shoes: all Topshop, Hat: Urban Outfitters, Stretch Bangles: Local Market, Feather Earrings: Dorothy Perkins, Watch and silver bangles: DKNY





What do you think? It's definitely made me want to invest in a high waisted tartan skirt, but I'm not sure about the shorter length of the skirt, I think I'd go with a midi skirt as I'm currently having a bit of a love affair with them.

Whilst taking these pictures it occurred to me that I should show the dress as it is without being tucked and pinned, and to be honest I think I prefer it that way. I'm still not totally confident with the whole midriff on show look. 




What do you beauties think? Like I say, I think I prefer the second look, however I feel like I have much more confidence since starting this blog to play around with my style and my clothes to create different takes on things I might have seen. 

Blogging for me might still be a relatively new thing, but I really am loving it. I'm finding myself much more aware of my identity and I think much more about what works together rather than just throwing on whatever I can collect from my floordrobe! I'm sure it takes time to build an audience, but I'm really pleased with how much interaction I've been having with you all, and I love that the comments are mainly positive and that you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it! 

Em x






4 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I love this outfit! It's amazing
    I follow you via GFC ¿Followback, please?
    Kisses and i hope your answer!
    cxystals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manuel, it's such a comfortable dress, I'm glad you liked the post :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the dress both ways!

    Check out my style too!

    xo
    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I'm glad you enjoyed reading. I'll definitely check out your blog as well :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx