Wednesday 25 June 2014

Whimsical

Today I have bitten the proverbial style bullet and decided that my beautiful Zara dress featured last week is far too pretty to sit in the wardrobe unworn.

I've come to the conclusion over the last few days that this blog is more about my personal style than it is about following the trend. To me fashion isn't about being a sheep, it's about being expressive and so today that's exactly what I decided to do.

Dress: Zara, Leggings: Urban Outfitters, Sliders: Next

So I've paired this beautiful dress with my purple disco leggings and my faithful zebra sliders for a rather whimsical look. I know it's not going to be to everybody's taste but it is most definitely a look I'm in love with. This weather is too good to wear black all of time, no matter how tempted I always am to do that.




The back of this dress is so beautiful, it's a bit of a practicality issue as it's impossible to wear a bra without showing the straps, but it really does feel almost bridal. To say this was under £35 I think it really was a bargain.


The detailing on the bodice is literally beautiful as well, it hardly even needs accessorising. 




This is a fairly dressed down look despite the dress itself being so evening ready. The only thing I would change is how opaque the fabric is as I would love to wear this on it's own however the fabric doesn't lend well to that idea. It really is ultra transparent. 

However, I'm comfortable and I feel confident today, I always find my confidence levels are higher when I'm happy with my appearance - or as happy as a girl ever is! It's made even better by the fact I'm sitting out in the sunshine in a beautiful park typing this post. Now who could complain about that?!





What do you lovelies think of this outfit? Would you have worn it in another way? 

I hope you're all having a lovely day and are enjoying the sunshine!

Em x





4 comments:

  1. Girl this dress is amazing! I love that you have the confidence to just say fuck it and where what you like. When you are happy with an outfit I think it makes you feel a lot better about yourself and a lot better about the day. Beautiful xxxx

    Chloe @ The Little Plum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, I agree that your outfit can make or break a day. Thanks again hun, I'll definitely check out your blog! xxx

      Delete
  2. That dress is so beautiful! Although, when I'm wearing pieces with no back I have such bra issues like you as well! I always risk a backless bra but I'm scared it will unstick the whole time!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never thought of one of those... wasn't sure if they were any good. Thanks for the idea lovely and thank you for your lovely comment!

      Em x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx